jail stories

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 9 14:16:59 CEST 2001

Daniel:

>>Have there been other stories with Disney characters ending up in jail
>>around this time? (Before and after WDC 50?)

Three stories I recal-- not jailed *at the end* of  the story though.

"Volcano Valley" (DD FC 147, May '47)

WDC&S 168 ("Cheltenham's Choice", Sept '54, Album 26):
A big-mouthed mynah Donald just bought insults a policeman
and flies away and the ducks are sent to jail:
"This is a case of  rank *injustice*!"

WDC&S 176 ("The Ghost Sheriff  of  Last Gasp", May '55, Album 28):
The ducks get trapped in the jail.

The motif  of  imprisonment & its variations are quite recurrent throughout
the ducks' adventures and would be intereseting to study:
"Volcano Valley" & "Lost in the Andes", deep-diving (in the sphere, WDC&S 177),
in the Cathedral's organ ("Phantom of  Notre-Duck"), locked out of  the Bin
("Forbidium Money Bin"), ...

Olivier