Death in Disney comics

Petri Kanninen pkanninen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:21:32 CEST 2001

DANIEL:
>What about animals being killed?

There was some discussion about deaths in Disney comics on the Finnish
comics newsgroup. Tommi Perkola collected those we came up with.
http://www.uta.fi/~matope/ankkakuolo/ (in Finnish only)

Here are examples from the page: (Italian)
In "Paperino e il misterioso Mister Moster" (I TL  108-A) Mister Moster's
laboratory blows up while he's inside.

In "Paperino e il vaso rosso dei Ming" (I TL 1015-A) Scrooge-pirate forces
one of his Beagle Boy crew members to jump to a sea full of sharks.

In "Topolino e i fantasmi neri" (I TL 466-B) two of Clarabelle's uncles have
an accident with a helicopter and die. This happens in an episode drawn by
Perego (otherwise the story is drawn by Carpi) so I don't know if the scene
is in the original publications.

In "Paperino e la leggenda dello Scozzese Volante" (I TL  174-A) the Angus
McDuck (or his ghost) leaves this world. Well, he died at some stage anyway.

In "Topolino e la spada di ghiaccio" (I TL 1411-B, the Ice Sword story) the
bad guy gets it at the end.

Then two animal deaths:
In "Paperino e l'isola delle scimmie afflitte" (I TL 190-A) two monkeys eat
gunpowder and jump on ducks' boat and explode.

In "Zio Paperone e il trapianto della pituitaria" (I TL 811-A) a dog is
killed. It doesn't happen during the story but in the text it says that the
criminals killed it during their last attack. BTW. This is a very weird
story: US gets somekind of allergy for gold and he gets new nose mucous from
the dead dog.