DCML digest, Vol 1 #603 - 8 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Jul 12 13:05:17 CEST 2001

APOSTOLIS:

> I don't know how much the weekly Mickey Mouse costs
> here

400 drachmas / 1.20 Euros [Rounded up from the actual equivalent of
1.17 Euros.  There's an asterisk after the price in Euros, pointing to
a footnote saying "Greece only", presumably meaning that only a Greek
would be stupid enough to pay a price in Euros without checking the
equivalence first! :( ]

> 'cause I've stopped buying it 2 years ago. I

I had stopped buying it for decades, until Archontis recently suggested I
should give it a try, and I was hooked. It would seem that MIKY MAOUS is
currently printing a classic story on almost every issue, either as the
main story or as the backup story, so I'd suggest that you give it a try.
(For the next 10 weeks or so the classic story is going to be the Zodiac
Stone, so depending on whether that is your cup of tea or not, you might
want to wait a bit.)

> Best Wishes from the sometimes sunny and sometimes
> rainy Athens (40*C yesterday, 37*C today)

I wouldn't call "rain" what we had yesterday for a couple of minutes;
it was more of a "fortifying humidity"...

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The walls might hide spies, or, at any rate, historians."
-----