Manga Ducks

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jul 22 16:07:10 CEST 2001

EERO-PEKKA & OLIVIER
>>It was a manga-version of Barks's -Something Fishy Here- (?).
>I have seen mangas but can't imagine what this may look like.
>Could you scan a page or explain how it looks like, please?

I scanned few pages at
http://www.hut.fi/~pkannine/manga1.jpg
http://www.hut.fi/~pkannine/manga2.jpg
http://www.hut.fi/~pkannine/manga3.jpg

I think the style is OK. You don't see much creative use of panels in
Disney comics. There are some great ideas like the widening panels when US
collects more and more fishes (manga1.jpg) or the panel with clock that
says "two hours later" (manga3.jpg) when you usually get a small box in
the corner of the panel. The story goes on pretty slowly (one page is used
to show how US is shocked by the news of fish replacing money) but it
doesn't bother me a lot. Hope we see more of these in the future.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Aku Ankan taskukirja -tietokanta: http:/www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating,
and in fourteen days I lost two weeks." -Joe E. Lewis