San Diego Souvenir Book

Carey Furlong Stratocruiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 23 05:06:56 CEST 2001

> From: "timo ronkainen" <timoro at hotmail.com>
> Subject: San Diego Souvenir Book
> Date:   Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:11:55 +0300
>
> Hi!
>
> Could someone, who is attending to San Diego Comicon, check out if my
> Barks-tribute drawing is possibly published in Souvenir Book? And it sure
> would nice to get one then. Anyway, I'm not sure if they accept European
> comic artists in their Souv. Book(?), but I did sent my picture there...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Timo

Hi,

I just got back from the 2001 San Diego Comicon, and yes, your Carl Barks
art submission was included in the souvenir book.  Other art submissions
done in memoriam to Carl included those from Scott Shaw!, Marc Nadel, Errol
McCarthy, Ken Kramer, Michael A.S. Smith, Don Rosa (the money bid
blueprints!!!) Roman Arambula, Joshua Quagmire, and yourself, Timo
Ronkainen. I thought yours was one of the better ones.  A number of text
articles commemorating Barks' achievements were also in the souvenir book.

This will be the first San Diego Comicon souvenir book I don't throw away.

Carey Furlong, Huntington Beach, California 92647 USA