Manga Duck

Fabio Blanco longtom at oeste.com.ar
Mon Jul 23 05:53:56 CEST 2001

  (hi becca)
  Sorry, I like the manga style, but any time I did see some occidental
comic transformed to manga style, I did feel like a fail. I am thinking in
Spiderman, but not the japanese version of the character but the comercial
move make Marvel some years ago.

  I  don't like much the italian style, (agree with becca this is not manga
but italian style) I see very childish. If this have something of japanese
style are because some close up, some reaction.

  I  think in Donald, Scrooge and the rest of ducks like "Barks characters".
They are not for me "Anything make money Diznee characters". I only can have
faith in they if they have something of the Bark's spirit in them (like the
Don Rosa's).

  Maybe with that bit of spirit in them, any style can be able. If you go to
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/prad
  you'll find a lot of inspiring drawing of pastiches versions of Herge's
Tintin... the best in realistic, or watercolor images...

  I respect the deep in other styles but I think that BARKS is yet the true
way... :)

  Cheers evr'body
  Fabio Blanco

  ****************
  longtom at oeste.com.ar

  I did not really see what made the comic a manga style....I am a very big
fan of manga, but the drawing style looked more Italian than Japanese to me.
I did not like the scans very much, but that does not mean it is a bad idea.
I think maybe a different artist should try it. Perhaps someone with a
drawing style more like Rumiko Takahashi? That would be very different. I am
persuing this mainly because I would find it very amusing if donald became
SD/chibi every time he had a temper tanterum...

  rebecca

  See you Space Cowboy....