San Diego & Manga Ducks

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:40:06 CEST 2001

>   10. re: San Diego Souvenir Book (Carey Furlong)
>Subject: re: San Diego Souvenir Book

Ah, I'm back from one-week summer holiday without internet and going through
150+ messages.. (70% advertisements, luckily.. easy to handle with "delete"
:-))

>your Carl Barks
>art submission was included in the souvenir book

Well, it's really wonderful to be in very good company:

>Scott Shaw!, Marc Nadel, Errol
>McCarthy, Ken Kramer, Michael A.S. Smith, Don Rosa (the money bid
>blueprints!!!) Roman Arambula, Joshua Quagmire,

>I thought yours was one of the better ones.

Thanks! :-)

About the Manga version of Barks' comic:
IMO it was quite far from real manga-style. Only the lay-out was a little
bit like in mangas. Otherwise it was quite ordinary Italian-style stuff.
Which I don't like much (except few masters like Scarpa, Cavazzano, and such
- Rota represents original American style, Barks-style).

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -
Timo Ronkainen ---------------- -