Strange scene in Cibola story? (US 7)

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Thu Jun 21 20:48:36 CEST 2001

From: "Daniel van Eijmeren" <dve at kabelfoon.nl>

> I find your question of that email very interesting and I've tried to
> "rewrite" it by describing the scene in more detail and by putting a
> possible answer (in fact also a question) of my own into it. I'm curious
> what you and others think of it:

Good rewrite! I'm curious too.

> Francesco, in your email you mentioned that Scrooge doesn't look
"Barksian"
> in panel 9.6, but to me he looks as being drawn by Barks himself. In other
> words, *if* something in this scene indeed could have been changed, I
think
> it was done by Barks himself, not by the editor.

Yes, I agree. I think that actually that Scrooge seems a bit strange,
probably because he's been redrawn over a previous Scrooge, that maybe, was
already exited by the sight of the jewels. Maybe Barks, re-reading it,
decided to add panel 9.7, abd had to change Scrooge in panel 9.6 to be
consistent with the following panels. Or maybe he just changed that Scrooge
becasue he'd realized that an exited Scrooge in that panel (while the vase
was still breaking) has something wrong in contemporaneity.

I understand I'm not being clear (I woudn't know ho to explain this exactly
in Italian, in English even less), but if you look at that page you'll
realize what I mean.

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo