DCML digest, Vol 1 #657 - 14 msgs

Francois Willot Willot.Francois at ec-lille.fr
Thu Sep 6 14:23:50 CEST 2001

Kriton wrote:

>> http://www2.ec-lille.fr/willot/coa/c1/add.php
>As for me, I find I have questions even on this simple form.  Can you
>explain what the following are:
>
>* Sequence letter (a, b, c...)

This indicates the order of the reprints in a comic-book. "a" for the first
story, "b" for the second one etc.

>* Broken page

Partial number of page, when the last page of a story is incomplete.
Eg "7/8" for many Barks gags without the last panel - replaced by a "Dell
Pledge to parents".

>* Description

A sentence describing the story or gag (you provide it if you think that's
useful).

>* Part

This is when the story is published in several installements: you type here
the number of the part.

>And do you really index articles?!?

Yes, if they are Disney related, and interesting enough to index (it's as
you want).

Since you took a look at them, maybe you can try it? I made it for Olivier
in the first place, but if it can be used by others, it would be even
better.

I think Francesco Spreafico indexed many Greek comics recently, but you
probably have issues that we haven't.

In any case (to ANYONE), feel free to try it and make any test you want, it
can not do much harm. (And if you have idea to make it more convenient, let
me know, and I'll see if I can improve it).

  Francois