Religion / Jake

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:19:41 CEST 2001

Daniel:
>As you made a connection between Revelation and ducks, this subject
>could become an interesting discussion about religion included
>- or, as you also point out, *excluded* - in duck stories.

On "The Donald Duck Universe Guide" (a very good site which is aviable on
the DCML home page, I don't remember who wrote it) the Notre Duck Cathedral
is presented to be located in Duckburg. I don't remember quite sure what the
story said - I always thought the story was ment to be located in France,
but when I concider the facts from the story it may must have been in
Duckburg?

Anyway, with a cathedral of this size Duckburg M*U*S*T have a lot of
Christians - maybe it back in the Medieval was a popular pilgrim target, in
the same way as Nidarosdomen in Trondheim?

------

About Jake:

OK, maybe Scrooge never saw through the disguise. But I don't really believe
that he would be alive at this time. So, what about this:

Jake moved to the USA around 1900. After that, the family never heard
anything from him. He probably died somewhere between 1910 and 1930, but
since his new friends and family did not know his background and his family
in Scotland, no McDuck's got to know about his death. So Scrooge THOUGHT
that it may would be a chance that Jake would be alive at this stage (even
though he had not seen him in 65 years) and welcomed Donald - as Jake. Even
though Jake was dead. HAPPY?

-olaf- www.andebyonline.com