who's that mouse?

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Wed Dec 11 10:05:22 CET 2002

FABIO:

> Mickey is in my opinion a very weak character. I mean, I don't know who is,
>  what is his work? Detective? He seem be always on vacation.

I hardly need to point out that Donald always seems to be on vacation
(or, rather, unemployed), as well. This doesn't make him a weak character,
so there must be some other reason for Mickey's lack of popularity.

I guess the bad thing about Mickey is his having been typecast into
the roll of a detective, making hist stories largely formulaic and,
therefore, boring. I mean, how many ways are there for Mickey to foil Pete
or the Blot?  Old Gottfredson stories, where Mickey might be anything,
were a lot more exciting.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Now listen everyone, I have a plan.  It might even work..."
-----