Ténas/prof Durandus

Francois Willot cacou661 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 23:34:00 CEST 2002

Gilles:

>How many times does the Prof Durandus appear? (COA
>says 3)

That's probably three (most French Disney stories are
listed in the Inducks).

>I thought Pierre nicholas was the only drawer of this
>series? but it seems that the 5 first episodes are
>drawn by a Louis Santel alias "ténas"

That's the truth, and it's obvious when you compare
the style.

>I have the first episode of the series and it is the
>only episode I have were I can see Durandus. Does
>Pierre Nicholas draw this character the same way than
>Louis Santel?

It's the same character but Pierre Nicolas (without h)
drew him with his own style, better than Tenas' when
it comes to Disney comics.

>I saw that the first page of the 5th episode is drawn
>by Louis "Ténas" Santel? and the 4 other pages are by
>Nicholas. Did Santel die during the time he was
>drawing the story? or what happened?

Tenas was there to help create a new studio for
producing comics. He drew the first pages of "Mickey
through times", and some of the first covers of the
weekly.
(Ténas was one of the artists and boss of the Belgian
Mickey Magazine, very similar to the French weekly. So
he had experience of this, while Pierre Nicolas had
noone).

Later, Ténas did a few non-Disney comics (like Onkr)
and a Mickey story in 1978 (-> Inducks).

 Francois

Inducks: http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/