Euro as currency in Disney comics?

Jussi Mantere jmantere at niksula.hut.fi
Sat May 4 22:49:09 CEST 2002

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Apostolis Trikourakis wrote:

> Well, in Greece, Duckburg (Limnoupoli in Greek) is
> situated in Calisota, USA. So, Duckburgians are still
> using the dollar as their currency. They never used
> Drachma or Euro.
> The sign of the Bin in Greece is the dollar $, not

Funny, although I've been a member of DCML for ~3 years now, I only
recently learned this and other facts about Greek Disney-comics. They seem
to be somewhat special among European publications - the only ones(?) that
are not even partly localized. Also the names of the characters seem
almost funny, the way they are translated to sound like their English
equivalents.
This leads me to a question: who reads the Greek comics?-) I mean, are
they profiled towards an older audience than for example the Scandinavian
magazines are? Dollars, English names etc. would lead me to think so :)

 -jussi
--
. jussi mantere
. http://www.iki.fi/obs/