Van Cleef Articles/Daan Jippes/Geppi

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Tue Nov 19 20:16:18 CET 2002

Hello fellow members. Great news about USA Disney Comics starting up again! Yes
Gary, I hope you can confirm that.  Good to know (if, indeed true, that you,
Susan, and much of the old Gladstone crew will be handling the production.  Now
we know that the quality of editing and production will be good. I went to
the "Comicon" site to read that news bulletin. I couldn't read the message
unless I would sign up.  I did NOT want to do that.  So I was not able to read
the message.

Re: Strobl article in "Stripschrift":  Yes, Harry; the recent article must have
been in the Van Cleef series on foreign artists (the one with several
Americans, Branca, Vicar? and several others).  I believe 1999 was about right.
You are right.  I should have remembered that many of those articles were not
very long (only career highlights).  So most (if not all) of what was in the
Strobl article was probably discussed on DCML in the recent comments on Strobl.

I visited the "House of Mouse" website, and learned that our good friend Daan
Jippes, drew storyboards for some of the episodes! My guess is that regardless
of who directs and animates those episodes, they will be very pleasing
visually.

Re: Recent bouncing back of e-mails from my boxes: Both my e-mail boxes are
very small.  I believe the bouncing has only ocurred after I've sent someone an
attachment with graphics (drawing). If I send anyone a drawing, please do NOT
reply to me by hitting your reply button.  That will also return my drawing to
me as an attachment to your reply.  It will likely make your message too large
to fit in my box's unused capacity.  Please just send me a NEW message.  Thanks
for your patience.

Rob Klein