EVERYONE: Paleontologist/Bakker

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Tue Apr 8 15:02:46 CEST 2003

	Everyone:

>The 2 stories of the Paleontologist/rancher with the genetically-
>engineered (adjusted)dinosaurs were both written by American Egmont
>storywriter, Pat McGreal

	There are more than two stories.
	There is NO "paleontologist/rancher".
	I don't mean to gripe and grumble, but this is the second time I've
had to say this: the paleontologist (Professor Wagstaff) and the rancher
(Calhoun) are two different characters. Please don't try to come up with
theories about these characters without looking back at the original
stories.
	Professor Wagstaff, determined dinosaur-breeding paleontologist, may
be based on Bakker. Buck Calhoun meanwhile is a simple, kindly old Wild West
rancher whose concerns are the success of his ranch and the well-being of
his favorite horse.

>Whatever the scientist's name was in the Danish printing should be his
>"official" Disney character name (as the Danish Egmont office purchased
>the story from McGreal).

	I'm afraid I have to correct you here.
	Egmont Creative A/S (formerly Egmont Comic Creation A/S) bought the
story from McGreal in English. We work with it internally in English, and it
is translated from English by local publishers around the world. The
"official" Disney character names of the characters are thus their English
names: Professor Wagstaff and Buck Calhoun.
	The characters' Danish names are decided by Egmont's local Danish
publisher with no input from us. They have no bearing on the characters
anywhere but Denmark. They are not the "official" names in any capacity.

	David