Geo: 1943 proto-$crooge McDuck

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Thu Apr 10 13:19:33 CEST 2003

Geo Diaz:

> Clearly this character is what eventually evolved into
> Scrooge McDuck, but it is NEVER mentioned anywhere.

Yes, it is. I've seen this before. It's mentioned in some
Dutch Donald-Duck-jubilee-book, which is not in my
posession, but I've seen it in the local library and I'll
try to look it up and post the full title. Other Dutch
DCML-members will probably be able to shed some light on
this.

As far as I can remember it, it was exactly like you say.
Some Scottish sourdough Duck turns up and tells Donald to
save his money. It was suggested in this book that this
character is clearly a forerunner of $crooge McDuck.
I'll try to find out if Carl Barks is mentioned as having
worked on this cartoon.

Michiel Prior.