DCML Digest Issue 9

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Apr 14 15:40:59 CEST 2003

> From: "Stefan Engman" <theactor_2000 at hotmail.com>
> Subject: to Don Rosa...
> For starters, I just want to say that I've always admired your comics -
> thanks for many joyful hours of reading!

Thank you!

> Now, I've been wondering if there is any chance to get all your (Don
> Rosas's) comics somewhere?

??? In Swedish? In English? In...?
 I can't possibly know that. You'd need to ask the publishers or back-issue
dealers something like that.

> I was thinking if maybe Scrooge met Alfred Nobel when Scrooge travelled
> around the world?
> It would be very fun and interesting to read a comic about that - just a
> thought.

I would find that a tricky subject. I don't see how I could use Nobel in the
years $crooge could meet him without mentioning Nobel's pacifist beliefs and
activities resulting his invention of explosives which were being used to
kill people in wars. I don't think that would be a suitable subject. And if
I didn't mention the explosives and the pacifism, then there's no reason to
use Nobel.

> Anyways - are there any comics on the way?

Sure, but I can't tell you when you'll see one in Sweden. Again, sorry,
there's no way I can know such things.