versions of FCBD Maharajah

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 01:46:00 CEST 2003

> Gary Leach has informed us about that there are/is to be in all six
> versions of Maharadja Donald. Is there pictures of these on some
> webpage
> or does anyone of you have scans of them ?

Three of these have been distributed so far: the original "red" FCBD,
the San Diego Comic-Com "gold", and the ANA (American Numismatic
Association) "green". This weekend, at WizardWorld in Chicago, we will
distribute the "purple". There is a "silver" that is tied to no
specific event, but is intended to be handed out as needs be, though
not as yet. (A sixth does exist, but it's a secret - I think. I'll have
to check my notes...)

The ANA "green" deserves special note: during the convention, held this
past week, we handed out probably well over 2,000 copies, many - if not
most - to kids brought along by their parents or scout troops. These
kids were on the whole very pleased to get something like this at an
affair like this, and I have to imagine - as most of us at Gemstone do
- that we will see a resultant expansion of our readership. A very
small expansion, to be sure, but it's pointed out the usefulness of
getting our comics into venues where they may not be expected but would
be welcome.

Gary