"Topolino Noir"

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sun Aug 17 16:48:19 CEST 2003

M.J. Prior wrote:

> Let's give credit where credit's due: Mottura is very good
> at detailed interior-scenes and he has a good
> 'cinematographic' storytelling-approach. His last panel
> (an airplane-view of a city) is beautiful(!) and there's
> also a brilliant pastiche on Salvador Dali in this story
> (you can see the artist on the next page!). I just don't
> happen to like his 'people'.

Oh! I perfectly agree with this opinion of yours... I've been trying to
understand what I liked and what I didn't like in Mottura's art for a lot of
time, and I think that actually it was this simple. I used to say that I
think Mottura should do non-disney comics, now I see why :-)

> Did you notice that the dialogue of "Sfida a Topolinia"
> (by Cavazzano) is entirely written without using the
> letter 'e'?

There even was a contest on Topolino when the story was fisrt published...
"What's strange in this story?", and I didn't realize untile they explained
it some weeks later.

--
Francesco
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/