Tello

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Wed Jan 15 08:28:17 CET 2003

For Sigvald: As stated by Soeren, Josep Tello Gonzalez produced a large portion
(if not most) of Egmont's Mickey Mouse and Goofy stories from the early 1970s
through much of the 1980s.  It is clear that he was partly inspired by Murray's
style.  If you mistook that one story for Paul Murray's work, and want to find
more of the same, you should look up Tello stories in INDUCKS. If I were you, I
would look at all his Mickey stories of 13 or more pages (as those are large
enough to capture the feel of Murray's Mickey/Goofy adventures. You must
realise, that he teamed with a wider range of writers than did Murray (many of
whose stories were written by the great Carl Falberg).  To me, a few of the
longer stories drawn by Tello were very good, but others were not.  You can
click on the D-code, to see what individual magazines, in which countries,
contained those stories.  Then, you can identify the Norwegian and Danish comic
books that contained them.  Several of them were not printed in Norway, but you
can get the Danish printings (which I know you can read).

Rob
Klein