Born on the 4th of July (about alcohol in Disney-stories)

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Jul 4 20:21:43 CEST 2003

Hi all!

Happy 4th of July for all Americans here! As you will see it has been a
happy day here in Stavanger too!

Earlier this summer our local brewery, Tou, was closed down. However some
people here thinks that every city with the slightest respect for itself
should have:
1) a cathedral
2) a club playing in the fotball (=soccer) top division
3) a local brewed beer
so they started a new brewer "Lervig Aktiebryggeri AS" and today their brew
reached the market for the very first time and is so to say born on the 4th
of July! I have now tasted it and can confirm that it's great!

But to make this slightly on-topic - are there many stories in where there
are shown or mentioned the use of alcohol? I can think of Don Rosa's "The
Sharpie of the Culebra Cut" in where Teddy's Cognac is mentioned, but are
there more? Haven't we seen scenes from pubs where the Beagle Boys or others
are drinking beer?

And have there ever been made any stories in where there have been drawn
lines between the McDucks and Scotch Whisky?

Sigvald