DCML Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

Anders Christian Sivebæk acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sat Jul 12 17:37:31 CEST 2003

Hi all
I wasn't aware about the Walt Kelly story in the issue I found in the mail
today - I noticed though the old Goofy-strip. I like that kind of stuff that
haven't been published before - it's fun to see...
So as much i would like to see Cash Flow by Rosa printed here, i don't
dislike a story by Walt Kelly - the person who AFAIK created ...
So Sigvald - you're right I would like to see Cash Flow reprinted, and I'm
glad you see me as a serious reader, but many here are, not just we who have
met you live or in chats.

Just as you yourself tells people to be aware not to insult Barks- or
Rosa-fans here, don't insult fans of other
artists. - One of the reasons Disney comics are so loved might be that there
are such a great variety in them - something for every reader!

What is the difference btw between fiction and fiction? It seems we use the
terms differently at times.
A story by Barks that contains a "barksian fact" is much more non-fictional
than one about some fantasy-creature the ducks encounter... but heck - these
are all comics?!

Before I go away, I'd like to strongly recommend Donald Aults book "Carl
Barks Conversations" - I was reminded of many things while I read it, and
the last part, about the 10 bank notes and Carl being very ill made my so
sad... -
August 25, 2000 - RIP

AC