paper quality

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Fri Jul 25 14:34:09 CEST 2003

Derek sez...
>My experience has seemed to be the opposite. I guess it's just the >indivdiual
>comics and not any real change in paper.

And I sez...
Please don't take this as an insult or an insinuation that you don't know how to take care of your comics or anything like that, but I've always changed my bags and backing boards every couple of years (as soon as the bag smells of old paper).  I stopped collecting comics when Disney took them over (and looking through them today, I remember why)but I bought most of them from a work-mate a couple of years ago.  He didn't ever change the bags and backing boards, and I think that's why the paper has aged to the extent that it has in such a short period of time.

If I remember correctly, Don Rosa doesn't bag many of his comics at all, and they're in great shape!

rodney.