The value of Swedish translations (again)

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Jun 5 00:36:36 CEST 2003

Hi all!

As our friend Stefan again holds confused Swedish translaters to be more
serious sources than Don Rosa I have no choice but again to take a short
break out of lurking-modus in order to correct him:

LARRY:
>> In both cases, the wrong word was used, since
>> of course, Scrooge is Donald's uncle on his
>> mother's side.

STEFAN:
> According to Don Rosa, that is.

And also according to Carl Barks, the man who created Scrooge.

> The translations predate Don Rosa's sources
> with a few decades, and should thus be regarded
> as more correct.

Wrong!!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!!

Don Rosa's source on this issue is the most primary source there is on
Scrooge - Scrooge's own creator Carl Barks. There is thus no reason what so
ever to claim that old (and obviously wrong) Swedish translations should be
regarded as more correct than Barks' and Rosa's view on the relation between
Donald and Scrooge.

Sigvald