Saddam Hussein's "useful idiot" (couldn't be more off-topic, sorry, but well, we're accostumed to this, with Sigvald...)

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 22:28:44 CET 2003

Hi!

Posting off-topic series of messages kind of became a
tradition here, but we didn't seem to have our little
discussion about our friends the viruses and such like,
so I'm seizing the opportunity to inaugurate mine :-)

SIGVALD:
>>>2) The French are not very popular in the USA
>>>nowadays, as many Americans now apparently
>>>sees the French as Saddam Husseins "useful
>>>idiots".

Well, little Sigvald, equal to himself, nothing gives you the
right to insult me and my country,
you have your opinion, and I have mine, and it seems that I'm
against war, as most of the French
people are, and I haven't respected my president
(who is not-so-perfect, I know, but I think he
is able to both eat a bretzel and stay alive), as much as I
do now that I know he won't help the
USA if the war comes. We all know that if this war happens,
lots of innocents, men, women, old men,
children and babies will die, so I wonder how it's possible
that some people still think this f***ing
war is a good thing. Well, anyway, everyone is free to think
what he wants, it's not our business, here
on dcml. Everyone should think the way he wants, and this
leads us to that much more important point :

Sigvald, what gives you the right to talk about such a
delicate issue on Don Rosa's behalf?! This is very
grave to do this, Sigvald. What makes you think that Don Rosa
is pro war or against war? It's not of our
business, anyway. If Don Rosa wants to talk about this, he is
free to do so, but anyway, he more than probably
didn't even want to discuss on this here, and nobody wanted,
even if this war is probably in everybody's mind
here, because it's not the apropriate place for this.
YOU were the first to speak about this, and to insult me,
and why? Because I asked Don Rosa (not you!) if he would work
with France again. Really, I don't understand
what the hell is the common point between [Don Rosa's
business with Picsou] and [President Chirac and the war in
Irak]. This reflection must come from an ill brain! Did you
really think Don Rosa didn't want to work with Picsou
because of Jacques Chirac (who, by the way, isn't the new
editor of Picsou Magazine) and his involvement in the
war? This is almost racism, Sigvald, and it's grave, do you
think a reader of Picsou Magazine, pro or against war,
has anything to do with what is happening today?  And anyway,
if it was the case, if Don Rosa didn't want to work
with Picsou because of these stupid irrelevant reasons, it's
his business and he's free to keep his opinion
secret, or to develop it and for that, he doesn't need
an "useful idiot". So you're not even insulting me and my
country, and all the other thousands of people who are
against a possible war, but also Don Rosa himself (well, I
guess you're more hurt by this argument that any other
argument quoted here) ! ! !
Sigvald, please think before you write or tell something,
that's the way everybody does, because consequencies can
be important.
But well, I hope all this is nothing but a misunderstanding,
or, if it's not, that I will have some excuses or
some explanations, but, if no, i'm afraid this could have
consequencies on our friendship...
Please, don't answer to this mail, Sigvald, or at least do it
privately, not to bother other dcmailers...

Gilles Maurice, proud of his country :-)