17th of May

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sat May 17 20:25:56 CEST 2003

Sigvald:
> This is for now, you may no longer be seen as a newbie in 2005...

No, but a story published in June 2005 would have to be written pretty soon.
Plotting, synopsing, scripting and - not to forget - getting Mr. Erickson's
comments and approval for all those steps - would take _at least_ three
months. Plus, someone has to draw it, add some months. Plus planning,
colouring, translating, printing... _IF_ I were to write such a story, I
would have to start soon - thus, while still being a newbie.

> Who says that such a story *must* happen in 1905?

That was what you suggested, so I answered it.

> I bet a good writer, as I know that you are...

Don't exaggerate. You have read _one_ of my scripts. Before it was drawn.
I'm not a good writer - or, if I am, neither of us know me good enough to
know for sure.

> Besides who says it have to be published everywhere? There are even some
> stories by Don Rosa which are published in Norway and not in Sweden.

Well, but that is not my aim when writing stories. Unless specifically asked
different, of course I try coming up with ideas that CAN be published
anywhere!

> No wonder! Israel is a very controversial state. Anti-Israeli attitudes
are
> wide blah blah blah blah blah...

OK, sorry I mentioned it. I just picked a random example because Izrael is a
nation I _knew_ had a national anniversary some years ago - but I'm sure
there's lots of better examples.

> Well, if he doesn't ask Don Rosa, I certainly hope that he will ask you to
> do this.

I see no reason he should.

Olaf the Royal Blue