No subject

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sun Nov 9 21:29:23 CET 2003

> > Sigvald, haven't you noticed that both
> > Brazilians and Norwegians have written
> > that they LOVE this style?
>
> Yes, but that was during the last round of this discussion - before Mr.
> Fecchi commented this topic himself.

Why would we change our minds about that because Fecchi commented the topic?

> Nope, I have never used the term "bad influence". And I don't mean that
> either. It's more correct to say that they are influenced by non-Disney
> comics. Disney and Marvel are *not* the same - I guess everybody here can
> agree about that - so why should Disney comics then look like Marvel
> comics?

Uhm, what? We're not talking about characters, we're not talking about genre,
we're not talking about number of pages, we're not talking about level of
violence... we're talking about the way the panels are set up on the page. As
far as I know, Marvel hasn't copyrighted it. It's one way to arrange comic
panels on the page. Personally, I have never thought of the way the panels are
placed as something very Disney, and I've never thought of it as very
important - so I don't understand why it's such a big deal. Still, I love
creativity, and for such an adventurous genre as this story, I think Fecchi did
the right thing.

Olaf