Valuable Duck-book found in margarine crate

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Wed Nov 12 16:59:44 CET 2003

Quoting timo ronkainen <timoro at hotmail.com>:

> It doesn't matter if it's book or magazine or whatever... Main thing was
> that they were duck items and valuable and kept in *margarine* crate.
> OK... enough of this.

At andebyonline.com, we've been discussing this issue for a few days. The
question raised most is: "If you found the first years of Donald Duck & Co in a
margarine box - would you sell them?" Most people say no. Others have
said "It's easy to say no when you don't have the magazines - 250.000 kroner is
lots of money! Besides, the same comic books are collected and printed in
hardcover books now, so why keep on to the originals when you can get so much
money for them?".

Personally... well, I would most certainly not *sell* these comics if I had
them. If I would *buy* them is a different issue, and I guess the answer would
be "I would strongly concider it if I could afford it". Which is why I hate
auctions - everything good goes to those who have money. I don't.

Olaf