Valuable Duck-book found in margarine crate

Morten Lied Johansen mortenjo at ifi.uio.no
Wed Nov 12 18:23:44 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Olaf Solstrand wrote:

> At andebyonline.com, we've been discussing this issue for a few days.
> The question raised most is: "If you found the first years of Donald
> Duck & Co in a margarine box - would you sell them?" Most people say
> no. Others have said "It's easy to say no when you don't have the
> magazines - 250.000 kroner is lots of money! Besides, the same comic
> books are collected and printed in hardcover books now, so why keep on
> to the originals when you can get so much money for them?".

<de-lurk>

My personal preference when it comes to comic books is that I want them
for the stories... which means that to *me*, I don't care if it's the
original first issue, or a reprint of that same issue... I'm in it for
the stories, which are the same in both versions. So personally... I'd
sell it in a heartbeat, and use the money to buy more comics! \o/

</de-lurk>

--
Morten
No Books Are Lost By Lending Except Those You Particularly Wanted To