My life and times - part 1/150000000

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Nov 12 20:16:59 CET 2003

OLIVIER to me, 12-11-2003:

>> Come to think of it, maybe the time has come to present my 150Mb
>> plain text life story, in chunks on this mailing list.

> Aw, c'm'on, your life can't take 150Mb to tell in plain text!

What!?! How dare you! As I now will prove, this has been the most
offensive comment I've ever read in my whole life story!!!

> I'm sure most of  those Mb are really taken up by story indexes
> and quotation quizes! ;oD
> A compilation of  said quizes would be a nice feature for a
> web page, actually.

Go ahead, I'd say! :-P

STEFAN PERSSON to OLIVIER, 12-11-2003:

> 150 Mb (megabits) ≈ 20 MB (megabytes), which doesn't sound to be
> too much IMHO.

Do you have more tell, then?
I bet you don't! :-)

Well, here goes, "My life and times", in chunks of about 1KB each.

MY BIRTH

On a nice summer day in 1973, with a remarkably bright star rising up
in the otherwise dark sky, a lovely intelligent baby boy was born.
And only a few hours later, church bells were chiming all over the
world, to mark this day. August 5. (Note that the Dutch publisher had
not yet published all 52 Donald Duck Weeklies of 1973, at that moment.
Just to keep at least a bit on-topic.) And the boy was given the name
Daniël, because it was believed Esther would have been more a name for
a girl.

To be continued...

--- Daniël

"Donald! You're going to be sorrreeeeee!"
Which Barks story? :-)