Mickey Mouse 75 years

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Tue Nov 18 00:47:34 CET 2003

From: Nils Lid Hjort <nils at math.uio.no>

> Apparently, Mickey was "created" November 18, 1928.
> Has this been discussed on the list? I made a brief
> check but couldn't see this topic raised. There's
> something on this in "breakfast television" tomorrow
> morning (main Norwegian channel), and someone I know
> is already quite nervous about the prospect of being
> interviewed there. "The influence of Mickey Mouse on
> modern society and civilisation has been (cough cough)
> tremendous ...".

Here's a newspaper article about it:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local/sfl-1117mickeymouse,0,3592155.story?coll=sfla-business-front

And here's an article about Mickey's past birthdays, and
why Disney (or the theme park division, at least) stopped
throwing birthday parties for Mickey:
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/articles/guest/wsampson.11172003.1.htm

--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/

--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/