Timo: Re: Comic strip department

Hans Kiesl hans.kiesl at sowi.uni-bamberg.de
Tue Sep 16 12:36:05 CEST 2003

Timo:

You wrote on Sun, 14 Sep 2003:

> I've seen a map, floor plan of early Hyperion studio on CD-Rom
> "Walt Disney - an Intimate History". It was drawn after
> recollections of old animators. It has detailed placement of
> animator's desks etc. during 1929-30. Animators worked in one big
> room. Ub Iwerks and Floyd Gottfredson sat their backs against
> together. There is also little room, closet even, that has text
> "Comic Strip" and name Win Smith. Is this map published in any
> book?

This map was included in a special issue of the German fanzine
"Der Donaldist", which was entirely devoted to Floyd Gottfredson.
Unfortunately no exact reference is given; it is just stated that this
map was drawn by Floyd Gottfredson for an issue of "Funnyworld".

(Sorry, I don't have any information regarding your other questions.)

-Hans-