"Glorp"?

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Mon Sep 29 22:47:37 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand skrev:
> And even though it's been
> quite a while since I've read The Universal Solvent, I seem to remember a scene
> where it actually sucks lots of air down in the shaft. So... Why isn't this
> armour standing in Scrooge's trophy room a major threat to humankind only for
> existing? This armour could probably have sucked up the atmosphere and killed
> us all in the few years that have passed since you wrote that story!

Well, though the solvent doesn't "glorp" air, I found the mentioned
sequence to make perfect sense. With only a constant amount of air in
the shaft and the solvent swallowing more and more *earth* below it, the
pressure would decrease accordingly, sucking things from above down the
shaft.

Thomas
(who agrees that the use of the word "glorp" when the solvent swallows
something is hillarious -- one can easily imagine what it would have
sounded like in "real life")

--
Thomas Pryds Lauritsen