Barks universes / secret Barks letters to Rosa

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Apr 6 12:44:58 CEST 2004

KAI SAARTO to me, 06-04-2004:

>> This year, a friend of Barks has personally told me that he can't
>> remember the amount of occasions, where Barks complained about
>> people who were trying to hook his stories together.

> Maybe Barks just meant that since he didn't meant them that way in
> the first place, he didn't see much point in it.

A friend of Barks has personally told me that Barks often complained
about people who were trying to hook his stories together. Period.

There's no need to try to twist that around with some long-distance
guessing. Barks *complained* about sticking his stories together.

>> I hope Don Rosa will reveal more of Barks's letters, one day. There
>> was nothing really private in these letters, as far as I know. So,
>> I hope they won't rot away in a cupboard. Or end up demolished as
>> some kind of last will, or something. We Barks fans are at Rosa's
>> mercy here...

> Well, they are PRIVATE letters. Not something either Barks nor Rosa
> meant to viewed by general public. Who would want to show their private
> correspodence to the whole world.

Have you ever seen the many, MANY interesting articles with Barks letters?
So, yes, there are indeed some editors who are (officially!) showing
Barks's "private" correspondence to the whole world, *including* some
letters to Rosa. Are they sick?

Remember that most of Barks's letters where just replies to FANS. Barks
didn't even know them personally. And that includes Don Rosa.

> There won't be any dark secrets or revolutionary revelations to be found
> about Barks in them.

How would you know? Did Rosa show them to you?

But, no matter what, the Barks-Rosa correspondence might be VERY interesting
to read.

--- Daniël

"WHEN, oh, WHEN is Unca' Donald going to give up?"
(Which Barks story?) :-)