Donald, nephews, and judo

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 13 17:02:47 CEST 2004

Hello everyone!

Daniël:

> In the swimming race ten-pager (WDC 71), Donald is a remarkable good
> swimmer. And in the water ski race (WDC 62) ten-pager, Donald isn't
> really as bad a water skier as he seems to be. And maybe there are
> other Barks stories in which Donald is good in sports?

Skating-- race to Pumpkinburg & a '60s story (with a piece of  modern art
for a prize).
Swimming: two stories where he works as a lifeguard-- very early one
(shark), and years later, where the JW hound keeps beating him to saving the
pretty girls.

However, he didn't shine at the Duckburg Olympics, and we didn't get much
chance to judge his skills as a midget driver or a boxer (soda pop story).

Those stories are okay, even good.
I really really really don't like the soccer stories with Mickey's nephew; I
have absolutely no interest in those (and very selfishly hope they will
disappear from Gemstone's comics).

Hmmm-- this is quite a mystery! I'll sit down with some pop and biscuits and
think about it...

Olivier