Reactions to Letter from Home

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Mon Feb 23 18:56:17 CET 2004

Magnus Bark:

> * A prologue that runs for three pages! Have any of the duck-comics
>   had a prologue earlier?

If you mean that the title of the story is on page 4: there have been quite a few stories with a prologue.
Italian stories, Disney Comics comic stories, but also Van Horn's "Secrets", for instance.

> this makes me feel like the duck comics rises
> itself to a higher level of literature, in some way.

Hm. Talking about "literature" and "higher level" can cause heated discussions...
Anyway, I don't see why using a simple story-telling technique would change the level of anything.

Then again, I haven't seen anything of the story. Yet.

--Harry.

Harry Fluks  --  TNO Telecom  --  Delft  --   Nederland
h.w.fluks at telecom.tno.nl   --   http://dd50.inducks.org
"Wie ben ik? Wat doe ik hier? Waar is mijn Roddelflop?"