Branca/VP Ad/ DDA10/Questions

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 06:58:58 CET 2005

Hi all!

Talking about Branca for a moment, I hope that Gemstone in some way
acknowledges his death in a future issue. It would be good to let readers know about
it/more about him as I think a fair amount of readers don't know much about the
comics creators beyond say Barks, Rosa, etc. Even I don't know as much as I
would like, so it would be nice if something was included about his
life/passing.

The Vacation Parade 2 ad in WDC 653 and US 338 is great. Like an ad for old
serial movie. :)

Congratulations to Gemstone on DDA's tenth issue. Let's face it, it's almost
impossible for anything new to make it to its 10th issue in nowadays US comic
market, so it's something of an accomplishment to reach that milestone.

Questions: What is the story code for "Duck of the Deep" in WDC 653? Also, in
the editor's corner, John Clark talks about how he bought the
work-in-progress story from the Blocks just before Gladstone went kaput in 1999. Has the
story been finished for years now or was it only recently fully completed when it
was scheduled for publication? Thanks!

Derek Smith