Can good artwork save a bad story?

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:57:48 CEST 2007

And on the opposite end of the question in the title - can a good story save
bad artwork? I just had a discussion with a fellow artist/writer on this and
we each came to interesting conclusions about it but I'm curious as to what
you all think when it comes to the Disney comics end of things?

What Disney comics from any era in particular - Gladstone I, Disney,
Gladstone II, Gemstone - would you say that the artwork totally ruined a
good story for you?  Or which one was saved by good artwork on what would be
an otherwise terrible story? Be brutal. :)

On that note, how do you think this applies to the vast Dell/Gold Key era?

This oughta make for fun discussion...

Jonathan H. Gray