Married siblings...

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 12:52:56 CEST 2008

KRITON REPLIES TO STEVEN:

>> siblings of one family have often married siblings of another.
>> this was very common up to around 100 years ago.
>> You dont hear a lot about it nowdays, but it still happens.
>>
>> are there laws against this in Europe??

> There are in Greece, where there is no distinction between blood relatives
and relatives by marriage. Siblings cannot marry siblings, unless they do >
so at the same time. (From what I've read, this loophole was developed by
queen Amalia in the 19th century, so the rule used to be even stricter in >
older days.)
--
>	Kriton.

AND I RESPOND:

Perfectly legal in USA.  Two of my brothers married sisters of another
family.  (And a few years apart, too.)

  -- Dan --