Rich's Character List

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Aug 11 18:21:45 CEST 1992

Well, I read the mails of last week. Time to give a reaction. I will
react here on the mail entries with subjects related to Rich's character
list, in chronological order.

---------------------------------------
Date: Wednesday, 5 August 1992 17:22 PT
From: rich
Subject: DISNEY Toon Character List

Some of the characters are misspelt:
  Dinah the Dachshund (not Dachsund)
  Sylvester Shyster (not Sylverster)
  Panchito (not Ponchito)
  Huey Duck (not Heuy; you spelt it this way on several places)
  Flintheart Glomgold (not Flinthart Glumgold)

Is the 2nd pig really called Fifer? Is this an English word? It sounds
a lot like the German "Pfeiffer" to me.

[about Darkwing Duck:]
> (NOTE: This is the first "spin-off" series, having its roots in DUCKTALES.
> Originally it was conceived as a James Bond-type show based on the character
> "Double-0 Duck" that appeared in Ducktales, and the plan for Launchpad to
> move
> to the new series was set from the start.  D.W. and the rest are residents of
> the the spralling metropolis of St. Canard).

There was a short series of comic stories in the 60s starring "OO Duck". The
stories were drawn by Allan Hubbart. They were Studio stories, that never
appeared in the USA, I think.
Most likely this OO Duck has nothing to do with the "Double-0 Duck" from
Ducktales (whom I don't know).

In the late 70s and 80s, there was a series of stories about a London
detective, with Mickey Mouse as his helper. The Dutch name of the detective
was Oliver Flops. Again: Studio stories, not likely to have appeared in the
USA.

> RAW TOONAGE:
>
> Marsupilami               (frog)                      (doe)
> Maurice the Ape           (Rambo-esque rooster)       (dog?)

Is the marsupilami a DISNEY character? It was a comic character of the Belgian
comic "Spirou", written and drawn by Andre Franquin (also known from his
"Gaston" stories). Apparently, Disney bought the rights to use this
character. I don't think this has anything to do with the "Disney world"...
BTW: in Belgium, marsupilami is the name of a species, not the name of a
single character (although there may be only one..). He is always referred
to as THE marsupilami.