Creator information. Indices.

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Dec 8 17:03:55 CET 1992

                     "

> Sources of creator information
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Torsten:
> > Every year, Overstreet concentrates on a specific subject, which is
> > featured on the cover.  In 1987, Snow White and Disney Comics were
> > featured.
>
> That's the very edition I have.  One year (1976?) Carl Barks was
> featured (with a Porky Pig cover by Barks I think).  I wish I had that
> one as well, but it's probably expensive...

I don't think Barks ever made a Porky Pig cover (but if I'm wrong, I
certainly would like a description!). In several Price Guides, the cover
of the PP-issue that contains the Barks story is reproduced (the Barks
story = "Porky of the Mounties", PPOS 48).
As far as I know, Barks drew a special illustration for the Barks issue of
the Price Guide. The illustration shows Scrooge in the middle of some
well-known Barks characters like Magica, Beagle Boys etc.
(This illustration was reprinted in Holland a few times)

> Another index
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Great news!

Indeed, great news!

> Just a thought...
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Harry:
> > [...]  <example: "Is Superman really dead?">

That was Torsten, not me.

> Maybe that DC trick would be something for Disney.  They could kill
> off Scrooge in a special collector's item book, and then a few months
> later maybe Magica could find some way to revive him.  Maybe he has
> hid his first dime so well she can't find it, so she needs him to show
> the way there, or whatever.  Whaddya think?
>
> No, I'm not serious! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

BTW: there are at least two stories in which Scrooge is _thought_ to be
dead, and Donald inherits his money. One is an old Western story (by
Frank McSavage, I think) and the other is a 'Dutch' story by Jan Gulbransson.
In both stories, the reader is informed quite soon that Scrooge is not
actually dead, but Donald doesn't know till the end.

--Harry.