Hometowns

James Williams 70304.2462 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Apr 17 18:50:56 CEST 1993

Rich Bellacera wrote:

>Actually, as far as the name "Mouseton" goes, it comes from one of the
>last multi-part stories in Mickey Mouse Adventures published under the
>Disney name.  I believe it had something to do with Emil Eagle or Prince
>Pinguin and had to do with Mickey saving the hometown of his, Minnie's,
>Horace's and Clarabelle's.  The townsfolk named or maybe renamed thier
>town in honor of Mickey.

I don't know the origin of Mouseton, but this isn't it.  Sure, Marv
Wolfman wrote a four part story entitled "The Weapons Master" (?)
involving Prince Penguin, Bad Pete, and Emil Eagle.  But, the city
is called Mouseton in the very first chapter.  The city isn't
renamed after Mickey.  Besides, Mickey is too humble to accept
such an honor.

The name is not limited to Marv's stories.  Egmont also calls Mickey's
hometown Mouseton.

>Due to their conspiquos absence, I don't believe that Donald and
>Daisy lived in the same comicbook town as Mickey and Minnie.

Though I don't think its been stated explicitedly, it been implied
implicetly that Donald and Daisey moved away.  Relize that there are
two separate universes - one for Ducks and one for Mice.  I suspect
that The Life of Scrooge will show Donald being born and raised in
Duckburg.  This isn't a contradiction because they are two separate
universes.

>However, since Goofy often did come around and assist Mickey, I take it
>Goofy does, or at least did, live in Mouseton too.  According to Goof
>Troop's premiere episode we witnessed Goofy and his son, Max's, move
>form 'somewhere'(not told) to the hometown of Pete & Peg (Trudy?)
>named Spoonerville.

Don't mix comic books and animation.  They've got nothing to do with
each other.  The Goofy of the Mouse Universe lives in Mouseton.  The
Goofy of the Goof Troop Universe lives in Spoonerville.  If you want
to know the origin of Spoonerville, watch the closing credits closely.