+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #171.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Dec 1 06:24:24 CET 1993

David:
	Your info on why they didn't use the Lo$ series in Germany right
off wasn't accurate, so I assume you were speculating. The company which
publishes the German Disney comics with my Lo$ and the company that
publishes the German Disney ALBUMS with my Lo$ are TWO SEPARATE
COMPANIES. They are both owned by Egmont and operate under Egmont's
Disney license, but they are in two different cities and operate
independant of one another (and, I'm told, don't even get along very
well).

Gier:
	Just yesterday I received a FAX from your friend at the National
Offoce for Research and Special Libraries. I'm glad he sent me a nice
letter before I saw your post, since I would otherwise not been quite
certain that he was being facetious in his deep concern about how
$crooge would reach the top shelf or how my rats ate the paper. I'm
always very impressed/flattered that someone takes something I've
written seriously enough to spend time thinking about it -- and I FAXed
the fellow a page from my original storyboard-script for GUARDIANS OF
THE LOST LIBRARY where the books that the rats eat are printed on
PARCHMENT. I KNEW rats would not eat paper, but the editors felt that I
was wrong in saying that they ever printed books on parchment. So, even
though I would have to go back and check my research to see where I
found that they were able to make parchment thin enough for printing, at
least the idea that the books were printed on paper in that story was
the editor's change and not my words.