Rosa's first stories

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Dec 3 17:56:07 CET 1993

Here's a subject I wanted to mention some time now...

In the early days of this list, before Don Rosa joined it, Per Starback
wrote (in September 1992):

> Here are some other things on Rosa from the interview with Geoffrey
> Blum in Carl Barks & Co. #19 (translated from the Danish translation):
>
>  "The first two things from Rosa I saw were 'Ghast Cow' and
>   'The Money Whirl Pool' or whatever its name was.  Byron rejected
>   it, he didn't like it.  He thought it was too much like an older
>   story.  Even Byron thought the ending was too sentimental.  Rosa
>   also wanted to do a story where Huey, Dewey, and Louie set up to
>   look for their real parents, but fortunately Byron rejected that
>   one too."
>
> "The Money Whirl Pool" is really "The Money Pit" which Disney accepted
> when they asked Rosa for a story, but what on earth is "Ghast Cow"?

In later discussions, we speculated that "Ghast Cow" could be "Cash Flow".

"...it was too much like an older story." I wonder which older story was
meant?

Any comments, Don?

--Harry.
(going to celebrate Sinterklaas this weekend.)