+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #180.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Fri Dec 10 08:18:00 CET 1993

TORSTEN:
	What's all this about that Mickey & Goofy oil propaganda comic
book? You don't really think Gladstone would ever reprint this, do you?
And why were you surprised that the only form of energy discussed is
oil? The comic was produced by Exxon! That's the only form of energy
they want you to use!
	Which is one reason that, even if Gladstone WANTED to reprint
that comic, they probably would not be allowed to. Disney probably
shares equal control over the contents with Exxon and the oil company
wouldn't allow its use in a form from which they didn't derive profit or
publicity.

HARRY:
	Thanks so much for your continued reports.
	Your friend at Oberon -- I can't imagine what he means when he
says that the GERMAN scripts he gets are the authentic ones and that the
ENGLISH scripts are not!!! What strange logic would give him that idea?
Next time you talk to him, make sure he knows that ONLY the English
script he gets from Egmont is MY version. He may like the German version
better and it may BE better for all I know -- but it is most definitely
NOT the original version! Why would he think that?
	My usage of Grandma Duck as clearly being Donald's paternal
grandmother will cause them some problems. But perhaps all they (or
other publishers) will need to do is mess around with chapter 10 by
changing a bit of dialogue and by altering the art so that Grandma Duck
doesn't look like Grandma Duck. Oh... but then there's part 11 where
Hortense swears that she and Matilda will never see $crooge again --
but if Hortense is Grandma, that's hardly the case. Well, that can't be
helped -- I can't possibly write these stories for all countries at
once, and I must write them for America and let others do with it what
they can. Of course, if those publishers have problems it's only
because at some point they digresses from the way something was in the
original American versions. And though Oberon seems to think otherwise,
there is plenty of irrefutable proof that Barks regarded Grandma to be
Donald's Grandma.