+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #180.

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Fri Dec 10 16:01:49 CET 1993

On 10 Dec 1993, Don Rosa wrote:
> TORSTEN:
> 	What's all this about that Mickey & Goofy oil propaganda comic
> book? You don't really think Gladstone would ever reprint this, do you?

Geez, if this keeps up, I WILL petition Gladstone to print it!

> And why were you surprised that the only form of energy discussed is
> oil? The comic was produced by Exxon! That's the only form of energy
> they want you to use!

I wasn't surprised at all.  I thought my comment on the Prudhoe/VALDEZ
panel was proof enough.

> 	Which is one reason that, even if Gladstone WANTED to reprint
> that comic, they probably would not be allowed to. Disney probably
> shares equal control over the contents with Exxon and the oil company
> wouldn't allow its use in a form from which they didn't derive profit or
> publicity.

Good.  I'll stockpile this title and sell it to unsuspecting Disneyanas in
five years.

Or burn it in my fireplace.

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA