Dutch Rosa

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Dec 10 11:28:00 CET 1993

Don Rosa:
> 	Your friend at Oberon -- I can't imagine what he means when he
> says that the GERMAN scripts he gets are the authentic ones and that the
> ENGLISH scripts are not!!!

No, no. I said that he said that the English scripts he got, were not the
original. This does not imply that he said that the German scripts were!
He just said he didn't get your original scripts at all.

> Of course, if those [European] publishers have problems it's only
> because at some point they digress from the way something was in the
> original American versions. And though Oberon seems to think otherwise,
> there is plenty of irrefutable proof that Barks regarded Grandma to be
> Donald's Grandma.

I can't remember any "proof" except the title of that Vacation Parade story
David mentioned, and Barks' private family tree. Where are the other "proofs"?
(For a lot of Barks stories, I only have the Dutch version. Maybe they always
edited out such family relation references.)

--Harry.