Don, I am so sorry!!

Gilbert Milburn gilbert at unix.campbellsvil.edu
Wed Jul 7 22:33:24 CEST 1993

     I feel as a *TRUE* (Rosa) enthusiast, I should take this time
to apologize (and to somewhat defend myself for) what I said to Mr.
Rosa (in front of God and everyone else!)...

> Date: 05 Jul 93 08:43:02 EDT
> From: Don Rosa <72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM>
> Subject: Re: Digest #51

>    As for the METZ show, since we weren't listed in the paper at
> all, it was THE worst show we've done in 10 years as to number of
> callers. Normally we overload the circuits, but that night we sat
> for 5 or 10 minutes at a stretch without any callers. YOU called
> I believe? And while I thank you for your sympathy concerning
> that Atlanta deal, I was stunned that you (if it WAS you) brought
> it up on semi-national radio! Didn't you see me saying on here
> how I thought it was a deeply embarrassing public humiliation?
> Fortuanately we didn't go into it such that anyone would
> understand what you meant, but I had to answer to Foushee and
> Metz during the next commercial.

     Yes, it was me who called-in that night -- I could deny it
was, but... I won't.  What I wanted to say something more along the
lines of: "Sorry, your vacation to Georgia, STUNK!"   However, I
was more than a little nervous and had a CRITICAL upset in my
train-of-thought.  Reaching for words I ended up saying something
more like this: "I'm sorry to hear that everything... ah, went bad
for you in.. ah, Atlanta... with.. er -- ah, you know.. (Barks) n'
stuff,..."

     After METZ hung-up I felt extremely dense, embarrassed and I
was sitting there kicking myself for being so @~#*&%^}! foolish!!
It was VERY ignorant and I'm really feel badly about the whole
*stupid* thing.

     Whereas I can not go before God and everyone else again (nor
would YOU want me to!!.. ) to try to make restitution and ask to be
pardon for my stupidity!!!  I can/will before our fellow
list/digest members...

> From: Per Starback  <starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE>

> Don> TO GILBERT: (is everyone seeing this reply to non-Disney
> stuff?)

> Sure we do. [...]

     When Per had told us way back when...

> Thu Apr 15 11:26 EDT 1993
> From: Per Starb{ck <starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE>
> Subject: Welcome Don!

> Newsflash!

> Don Rosa is now a member of this mailing list!
> (so watch your tongues :-)

..I broke my end of that deal!.. all I ask is that you don't hate
me and we can continue our relationship as Cartoonist and his
slightly moronic (yet, likeable) #1 fan!!

**I AM MOST GENUINELY SORRY!!!!!**

Gil (The Imbecile) <gilbert at unix.campbellsvil.edu>