Information requested on new Disney items

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Fri Jul 9 00:03:11 CEST 1993

>>> Next up is the book "Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge McDuck: His Life and Times".

Thanks to Per, we now know it includes:

Back to the Klondike (USOS 456)		reprinted in Gladstone Comic Album #4
Trouble From Long Ago (USOS 495)	<not recently reprinted>
Tralla La (US 6)			reprinted in Uncle Scrooge Digest #3
The Seven Cities of Cibola (US 7)	reprinted in Uncle Scrooge #217
The Lemming with the Locket (US 9)	<reprinted in recent Disney comic???>
Land Beneath the Ground! (US 13)	reprinted in Gladstone Comic Album #6
The Second-Richest Duck (US 15)		reprinted in Gladstone Giant Album #4
Land of the Pygmy Indians (US 18)	reprinted in Uncle Scrooge Adv. #10
Island in the Sky (US 29)		reprinted in Uncle Scrooge #268
The Many Faces of Magica De Spell (US 48) reprinted in Gladstone Giant Album #6
Micro-Ducks From Outer Space (US 65)	reprinted in Uncle Scrooge Adv. #15

I'm trying to justify buying this book, but I don't think I can.  At most,
there are 2 stories not easily available (and I am pretty sure the Lemming
story was reprinted recently as I know I have read it).  "Trouble From Long
Ago" may also be reprinted, but I don't recognize the story from the title.
I would like to see a better version of "Tralla La" than the digest one (yuk).

>>There's also (published for the first time and not published
>>anywhere else(?)) the "illustrated story version" of Go Slowly Sands
>>of Time.  This is a story that Barks wrote in the late sixties and
>>that didn't become a comic until much later when Egmont had Vicar do
>>art for it (the result is published in US 216).  But this is not that,
>>but some illustrations for the story made by Barks in 1980.

But is this worth $35??  I think I will have to pass.

Now how about that Rosa profile.......????  Any unpublished works or sketch
pages planned for this Don?