Flintheart Glomgold; and a poll.

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Mar 29 12:21:51 CEST 1993

> From: wft at math.canterbury.ac.nz
>
> >According to DuckTales, his name is Flinthart McGlomgold.  I don't
> >remember seeing him in the comic book, but I'm sure someone will prove me
> >wrong.

In the comics, it's Flintheart Glomgold.

> Indeed so. He has appeared in two comics.

Well, he appeared in three Barks comics stories, actually. In the third story,
he is just a villain, competing with Scrooge to get a contract for some
oil well, or so.
And there are a lot of Danish stories featuring Glomgold.

> if others don't mind joining in an inane and childish poll,
> how about just listing your best 5 comics ?  It would be interesting to
> see comparisons.

I have been thinking about that for some time. Ken Bausert (some American
fan) one organized a Barks story poll. There were some surprizing results.
He asked people about their favorite 10-pager, 1-page gag, cover, etc.

Maybe this is a good time to start a Disney-comics mailing list poll. I would
propose the following rules:

- List only Barks material. Stories where Barks did the script or art only
  are OK. Check our Barks indices on the ftp site for story candidates.

  Indicate the stories in such a way I can identify them. Just like 'wft' did.

- List the following items:
  1. The 5 best "stort" stories, i.e. 2 to 10 pages
  2. The 5 best gags (1 page or less)
  3. The 5 best "long" stories, i.e. 11 pages or more
  4. The 5 best covers
  5. The 5 _worst_ Barks stories! (or, if you wish, the "least good" stories)

- Mail your entries to me or to the list (?). I'll add things up to make an
  all-over Barks top-5 for each category. Send in before, let's say, tuesday,
  april 6th.

How about that? What would you prefer? Sending to the list directly or
sending to me, to keep the results a surprize?

And would you like a non-Barks top-5 too?

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                    ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam      (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"